Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Skid marks on my heart.

I was watching something as background noise and heard 
someone say something along the lines of, 
"if you spend too much time dwelling on what you don't have you wont appreciate what you do."
I think that is so true. I get lost in thought when I am on the treadmill and I meditated on this quote.
I feel that not only will you lack appreciation for what you do have you will risk loosing it.
Or in his case, pushing it away in hopes to find something better.
As I viewed what he has at his age as so much!
None of my friends his age or older have what he does
and they are happy.
So, as a personal effort to appreciate what I do have I will be doing profiles on things/people I love
and appreciate that are currently part of my life. Since I will be visiting him in 2 days,
I will be writing a profile on my Dad first.
So stay tuned!

1 comment: