Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Clocks a' Ticken

Source


Going through a very contemplative time right now folks. I am treading on ground that is only semi familiar. I feel like throughout my life I hit these points of growing pangs. Everything seems like nothing is sure and new ideas are making me feel crazy! Its either grow up or go home. However what has been perplexing me lately is turning out to be a big deal. I don't know what it is but lately I have really been contemplating God. The big G-O-D and of course Jesus. I never know where to start with it. I usually just go to church. Usually when I do that the priest seems to have known I was coming and speaking straight to me! The thing is I never really felt comfortable at the churches I was raised with. This is all so new to me. Has anyone ever hit a theological wall? What do you do?

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is a very good question, one that might make me ramble a bit before I make a clear point. But let me first say that when I was young I was raised agnostic. Actually, religion was never brought up and I had no clue who God was. Then I started thinking about religion and how much religion is important and how I wanted to be a part of it. So when I was twelve I started studying religion, well, religiously. I went to every church I could find. Then I found the LDS Church and from that moment on my life was changed. It just felt right and I felt immediately at peace. Doubts and fears all swept away and I have been happy every day since. Days are not perfect, but I am happy and I love my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What you said completely speaks to me. I have recently become interested in the LDS church. There is some strange draw I feel toward it. I was raised partially catholic and evangelical christian. Both don't suit me. More the catholic than the evangelical for sure if I had to choose. The thing is NONE of my family is LDS, including my significant other (who completely supports my quest but has told me he will never be religious. He wasn't raised religious at all, same as you). I am so torn. I feel helpless. When I mentioned it to my mom she brought up Big Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what's been said above- you should probably explore other churches and find one that fits you. Heck, don't limit yourself to just churches. There's synagogues, temples, ashrams, etc. If you need it, you'll be able to find it.

    ReplyDelete