Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring break in Oregon II

Day II Friday. I got to spend some one on one time with my step mom (whom might I say I like a ton!). We "went into town"! That'll make you feel bone-e-fied country won't it? I got on my city clothes and we went to Wally world of course! My favorite stop was Sherm's Thunderbird where I found Butter beer!!! Ok, so it's not from the "Leaky cauldron" like in the movies/books but close enough! The best part about being in Oregon is no sales tax!!! Hog heaven!!

Saturday was a rough day to start. My dad and I went on a mini bike ride that was insane! I'm so used to riding on flat ground here in Sacramento. Needless to say I learned how to use my gears! Plus my dad gave me this fantastic drawing my papa drew in 1933!! I had no idea he was such a talent!

Driving home was a breeze. I stopped for Sonic. Couldn't pass up the sweet potato tots!!! Only suffered minor culture shock as I drove up to downtown. I miss the farm already. Next time I hope to bring Shane and maybe his sister. Hope all of you had relaxing spring breaks I know I did!

1 comment:

  1. He drew that? Oh, Caitlin! You'll treasure that forever! How incredibly talented and such a beautiful peak into history. I'm glad you had such a fun time. Miss you and we'll see each other soon. I'm still figuring out tonight's plans.

    ReplyDelete