Saturday, December 22, 2012

(#)Caught Being Crafty

I made it through my first semester at big kid college. Not only did I make it through I pulled a 3.7 GPA for the semester! Go me! Now that the semester is done I have a bunch of time to do whatever I want...right? Yeah, well that. For the past two weeks I've been juggling two jobs. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining at all! I needed a change of pace big time. That being said I no longer tutor children diagnosed on the autism spectrum disorder. Today was my last day! So now I really do have some free time. Here is a taste of more to come.

I decided to do at least two Pinterest DIY projects a week until school starts. Here are the two I chose for last week.

Their Version
My Version:

I only had larger sized doilies so I only needed two. I love how it came out. Plus, it only took me 5 minutes to put together and everything I had laying around the house. Which is how I prioritize my crafts. If I can make it with things I have on hand it happens first.

Next was this quick craft:
Via
Here is my version:
 I loved this! For the past three years I've been getting a real christmas tree. So this craft was as simple as snipping some sprigs off my tree and filling up some jars I had on hand up with water. Top it all off with a tea light and voila! The only thing is the water gets kinda gross after awhile. Needless to say the longevity of this lovely X-mas deco is not long.


I'm excited to pick the next two crafts. I'm thinking glitter and peter pan collars. Most definitely busting out the sewing machine this break. I will teach myself to sew if its the last thing I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment